Monday, October 28, 2013

WHERE DO YOU GO SHOPPING?

When it comes to shopping, the possibilities are endless - retail shops, boutiques, high brands, internet - you name it! But when it comes to finding something unique that represents your style, well then it gets a bit more tricky. 

Two weeks ago I received a message from one of my readers, who was asking me where do I go shopping? I was happy to be asked for advice, therefore I am writing today this article. 

Lately I've been very much into clothing that have an edgy look and a well defined shape. Fashion is turning more simple, more focused on design than accessorizing. If one year ago accessories were told to either make or break an outfit, today they just break it. So forget about those statement necklaces and flashy jewelry, because they are so passee. Instead, focus on shapes, fabrics and design. 

In order to give you an idea on where to find these kind of garments, I made a top 5 list of my favourite shops at the moment: 

COS - You can't get more swedish than COS. And swedes are all about design. Their clothes are a mix between edgy design and classic simplicity, all topped off with great fabrics. I think you will be able to find at least one beautiful garment, no matter what your style is. 

& Other Stories - It has very unique designs, that I haven't seeing anywhere else. It's the best place to find edgy shoes and bags, but from my point of view they have the most amazing dresses. 

Topshop - Topshop have awesome jeans (Emmanuelle Alt loves them) and cool sweaters. But I am pretty sure you knew it before.  

Gina Tricot - At Gina Tricot you can find trendy clothing at very reasonable prices. Kind of what Zara used to be like 7 years ago.  

The Kooples -  If you want to add a sexy rock'n'roll vibe to your wardrobe, The Kooples is the place to go. It's true their prices are a bit higher than the regular shops, but during sales you can totally get a knockout piece. 

Hoping this was helpful and I am curious to know where do you like to go shopping? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...