Winter is almost over and with that you know it's time for the new collections to hit stores! The temptation is high because tou want them all (obviously, who doesn't?), but you wouldn't want to damage your wallet. Therefore I thought of doing a selection of the must-have pieces, in order to help you decide what to buy. Here are my top 10 must-haves for Spring-Summer 2013.
1. A PAIR OF WHITE SHOES: One thing you should know about trends this season, is that everything that used to be a fashion faux-pas is now in style. The white shoes, a longtime forgotten item, are now a must-have. You can get them in any style: brogues, stilettos, or sandals. The ones in the pictures are from ASOS.
2. A STATEMENT BOMBER JACKET: This jacket will be a good investment, because you can match it with a lot of different clothes. It will look cool with jeans and a T-shirt or with a little black dress for a more edgy style. The bomber jacket is from DKNY and you can find a similar one here.
3. A JUMPSUIT: Get a jumpsuit in denim or a fabric that looks like it. If you want to go for a bold look you can buy a classic dungaree and match it with sky-high heels. This one is from PAUL&JOE.
4. A TWO-TONE BAG: If you plan on buying a two-tone bag, I suggest you pick one in black and white, since it will be easier to match with all other colors and patterns you already have in your wardrobe.
5. A SUIT: A suit can be such a sexy alternative for a cocktail dress. It doesn't matter which color or shape you choose, but a suit is a must-have for Spring. The suit from the photo is from Isabel Marant.
6. A CROP TOP: The crop top trend made a huge come back this season. You have two options: you can either go for a grunge look or a chis look by wearing it with a jacket on top. Find one here.
7. A STATEMENT DRESS: Look for a silk organza dress that is a little bit transparent. This one is from TOPSHOP UNIQUE.
8. A CAMISOLE: Satin will be the fabrice this summer. I like the fact that you can wear a camisole as a top with a suit or with jeans. Definitely a must-have!
9. A PAIR OF SWEATPANTS: Another trend inspired from the 90s, the sweatpants are again fashionable. Perfect for going to the beach or if you are a crazy fashionista you can wear them with stiletto shoes and a fancy top.
10. A BACKPACK: A fun and practical accessory for a summer vacation. You can find this one on ASOS.